How to identify hot spots on PV (photovoltaic) a solar farm
Photovoltaic (PV) Solar panel thermographic inspections, especially PV solar farms of large dimensions, can be quite complex and require lengthy operations. Our inspection solution for PV solar farms using UAVs is extremely fast and accurate.
By following some basic rules of thumb you can carry out accurate thermographic inspections on photovoltaic solar farms of any shape and form with high degree of accuracy, reaching the highest quality results.
1 . We are clicking on “Start Drawing” and then on “Analist Project”
2. In the “InfraPro” section we are going to choose “Process Project” to import the folder with the shots from the thermal camera.
3. We are going to delete from the processing all the folders except from the one called “img”
4. We will now choose the folder and launch the processing which will extract the geolocation information
5. We can assign a name to the area where the hot spot is. For better identification it is suggested to insert it on the line where the malfunctioning panel is, with the addition of the column the identification is even more accurate.
6. At the end we express the position of the Hot Spot within the single panel, this will show the row of cells on the panel we are examining
7. If the point is on the first line we will show it with the letter “A”, if it on the second we will show it with the letter “B” and so on along the panel.
9. We are now going to analyse the Hot Spot to evaluate the temperature and compare it with a working cell in order to have a reference temperature.
10. With the same process we can identify and indicate all the Hot Spots on the solar plant for the generation of a Thermographic Report of all the Hot Spots.